PREREQUISITE - AGR3000 (Agriculture Workplace Safety)
- Issued by Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development.
- Earned by completing 3 courses to the specified standard in the agricultural production specialization. This is assessed through oral or written examination.
- For Testing Dates at Lethbridge College, click here.
- The student can also earn 16 credits toward the Alberta High School Diploma or the Certificate of High School Achievement.
- The apprenticeship-style delivery ensures the student (trainee) learns on the job, under the direction of experienced farm personnel (trainers) and under the supervision and administration of Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development and Alberta Education.
The program consists of 9 specializations:
- Bee Keeper Production
- Cow-Calf Beef Production
- Dairy Production
- Equine Technician
- Feedlot Beef Production
- Fields Crop Production
- Irrigated Field Crop Production
- Sheep Production
- Swine Production
The program is divided into 5 regions working in conjunction with Alberta’s Agriculture Colleges to facilitating the delivery of the program:
1. Lakeland College (North/East)
2. Lakeland College (North Central/West)
3. NAIT (Fairview Campus)
4. Olds College
5. Lethbridge College
For more information, please contact:
Picture Butte High School, County Central High School, Noble Central School
Carmangay, Coalhurst High School, Huntsville School, John Davidson School, Kate Andrews High School, PBB Coaldale
Brant Christian School, Calgary Christian High School, Calgary Islamic School, Heritage Christian Academy, Master's College