How to Apply for Dual Credit and Exploratory Programs
Our Dual Credit info session was on November 3. If you missed it, you can access the recording and the slides below:
Dual Credit Information Session - recording
Dual Credit Information Session - slides only
Applications for semester 2 programs have now closed. Applications for summer and fall 2022 will open in the spring.
Please note there are a limited number of seats available in Dual Credit courses.
Please read this page carefully before completing the application form.
1. Find a program that is a good fit for you.
- Does it match your interests?
- Are you on track to meet the prerequisites and co-requisites?
- Do you have time when you factor in your other courses and extracurricular commitments?
- Check the calendar - you are responsible to attend all on-campus classes, even when they fall on days your high school doesn't have class.
- Consider your commitment level - are you able to commit to the rigor of the post-secondary program, even when it's challenging? Your final mark will appear on your high school transcript and on your permanent post-secondary transcript. Withdrawals are only permitted in emergency situations such as major illness.
- Students are required to follow all Covid protocols in place when attending classes on post-secondary campuses, which may include a requirement to show proof of vaccination. This only applies to programs with an on-campus component.
2. Complete the online application form using the form above.
- Fill it in yourself - your parent should not do it for you.
- Your references should be adults not related to you. One must be a teacher.
- Follow the instructions to submit it on time. Applications for semester 1 and full year courses are due November 19, 2021.
3. Your application will be reviewed by the Off Campus Programs Committee. Students will be selected based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to:
- attendance record
- suitability for the program
- overall schedule
4. Some programs may require applicants to participate in a brief interview.
5. You will receive notification whether or not you have been selected.
5. If you have been selected:
- Sign and submit the acceptance letter acknowledging your commitment to the program by the required date. This also needs to be signed by a parent or guardian
- Register with the appropriate post-secondary institution.
- Arrange transportation to and from any on-campus classes.